Julia Season 1 Episode 2
Julia Season 1 Episode 3
Julia Season 1 Episode 4
Julia Season 1 Episode 5
Julia Season 1 Episode 6
Julia Season 1 Episode 7
Julia Season 1 Episode 8
Season 1 • Episode 1: ‘Omelette’ (S01E01)31 march 2022
1. Goody Goody – Benny Goodman
After the intro, instrumental music is heard as the camera pans to the festive dinner taking place.
2. Concerto No. 1 in E major, Op. 8, RV 269, “Spring” (La primavera) – Antonio Vivaldi
[0:08′] The music begins playing as they begin filming for the TV show, the host introducing Julia Child to the audience.
3. Concerto No. 3 in F major, Op. 8, RV 293, “Autumn” (L’autunno) – Antonio Vivaldi
[0:13′] The TV show episode comes to an end, with the music serving as an outro. It is playing as the host says goodbye to the audience.
4. Le Piano de la Plage – Charles Trenet
[0:14′] The scene shows Julia, her husband, and Avis DeVoto having a celebratory restaurant dinner. The music can be heard in the background, muffled by the ambient noise.
5. It’s All Right – The Impressions
[0:15′] Alice Naman, one of the producers of “I’ve Been Reading” is shown in a diner, engrossed in one of Julia’s cookbooks.
6. The Doctor’s Office – Jeff Danna
[0:17′] Julia is in the doctor’s office, receiving a consultation. Instrumental music plays as she’s informed that she’s healthy, only experiencing menopause.
The music continues after she leaves the office.
7. Petrushka. Burlesque In 4 Scenes: I. The Shrove-Tide Fair. Danse Russe – Igor Stravinsky vs. Karel Ancerl
[0:21′] The music plays as the camera pans over to Paul Child painting in his studio. Meanwhile, Julia sits down to write a letter to Alice Naman. This is the scene when
the idea of Julia starting her own cooking show is introduced in the series.
8. Queen of Sheba Cake – Jeff Danna
[0:27′] Upbeat instrumental music plays as Julia receives a call from Alice, informing her that her proposition of starting a TV show has been considered.
It continues playing as Julia makes her way to the WGBH headquarters with a Sheba Cake.
9. Les Voiliers – Maria Candido
[0:32′] Music is heard in the background as Julia informs Paul of her intention to start a cooking show while they have a meal at a restaurant.
10. The Best Is Yet to Come – Frank Sinatra & Count Basie And His Orchestra
[0:43′] The music begins playing as Julia opens a window to cool down. It continues as the scene transitions to the next day when Julia goes out to purchase the TV she’s wanted for a long time.
First end credits song
Season 1 • Episode 2: ‘Coq Au Vin’ (S01E02)31 march 2022
1. T.V. Is The Thing This Year – Dinah Washington
Starting song / The song plays as Julia is driving home with her new TV in the trunk of the car.
2. Calin Calinette – Sacha Distel
[0:06′] Julia, Avis, and Paul are dining at a restaurant. Avis and Paul encourage Julia as she shares her worries regarding the new cooking show and the disapproval she receives from Russ Morash, one of the WGBH producers.
3. It Shouldn’t Happen To A Dream – Sarah Vaughan
[0:42′] The song begins playing as Julia gathers the courage to turn on the television and see how the episode they filmed turned out.
End credits song
Season 1 • Episode 3: ‘Boeuf Bourguignon’ (S01E03)31 march 2022
1. Rigoletto: La Donna E Mobile – Giuseppe Verdi
[0:04′] The music begins playing as the camera presents the audience with close-up shots of Julia’s cooking and continues as she serves the food to Paul and John (her father).
2. Concerto No. 3 in F major, Op. 8, RV 293, “Autumn” (L’autunno) – Antonio Vivaldi
[0:22′] Alice and Russ are shown working on the set of “I’ve Been Reading” as the filming of and episode concludes.
The director steps in and announces that Russ is to stop working on the set of “I’ve Been Reading” and focus on “The French Chef”.
3. Sleep Walk – Kenny Graham
[0:31′] The song starts as the host of “I’ve Been Reading” angrily storms out of Alice’s office.
It continues as the camera cuts to Russ walking down the street and then to him having dinner with his wife. She announces that she’s pregnant, prompting him to not want to quit work anymore.
4. Fascination – Gordon Jenkins & Orchestra
[0:44′] The upbeat song starts off as the crew begins preparations on the set of “The French Chef”, for the first episode of the first season.
5. Everything Is Coming Up Roses – Rosemary Clooney
End credits song
Season 1 • Episode 4: ‘Petit Fours’ (S01E04)7 April 2022
1. Blue Vibrations – Bill Le Sage
[0:03′] Julia brings cookies to her coworkers. They show her an article where her name is mentioned.
2. Dutch Treat – Bert Kaempfert And His Orchestra
[0:07′] Everyone enjoys Paul’s exhibition. He holds a speech before selling his first painting.
3. The Hurry Up – Ted Heath And His Orchestra
[0:15′] Alice is calling a lot of different people in search of opportunities for Julia, but she is unsuccessful.
4. Concerto No. 1 in E major, Op. 8, RV 269, “Spring” (La primavera) – Antonio Vivaldi
[0:33′] The show ‘I’ve been reading’ begins.
5. Mama Jazz – After Hours
[0:35′] Someone from San Francisco calls asking for Alice. She rushes to answer.
6. Side By Side – Steve Lawrence & Eydie Gorme
[0:37′] Julia and Paul spend their day at Paul’s exhibition. When almost everyone left they have a serious conversation.
7. Man Smart (Woman Smarter) – Harry Belafonte
Season 1 • Episode 5: ‘Crepes Suzette’ (S01E05)14 April 2022
1. Well, All Night Long – Les Baxter
[0:06′] Julia and Paul arrive at Julia’s meet and greet. They thought nobody came, but when they opened the back door there was a huge crowd waiting for their books to be signed by her.
2. Gypsies on the Run – Markus Strasser
[0:07′] Paul asks Julia to excuse him while he goes to his exposition before the gallery closes, since her signing is taking longer than expected.
3. Nunca En Domingo – Les Baxter
[0:10′] Avis tells Alice what a blessing Julia has brought into her life.
4. Get Back Baby – Esquerita
[0:21′] James brings Julia to a colorful bar. She is surprised and wishes to have been worn about the place they were going to.
5. Mambo Italiano – Julia Cast
[0:22′] A drag queen is playing karaoke. Julia meets Coco, a drag queen impersonating her.
6. It Had To Be You – Julia Cast
[0:25′] Coco plays karaoke, dedicating her song to Julia, and inviting her up on the stage with her.
7. Room Service – Jeff Danna
[0:40′] Julia comes back to the hotel, missing Paul. At first, she thinks he is not at home, but he comes out of another room. She asks him to go out, but he asks her to stay in and order room service.
8. It Had To Be You – Bobby Darin
[0:43′] Julia and Paul spend their night in bed, hugging each other.
Season 1 • Episode 6: ‘Breads’ (S01E06)21 April 2022
1. Yes, Yes – Eddie “Lockjaw” Davis
[0:01′] Julia talks with Alice and Russ about wanting to take a week off.
2. Let’s cook! – Barney Kessel
[0:05′] Julia tells Paul about her problem with the book while he takes some time off and decides to help her.
3. Swinging Pizzicato – Gerhard Narholz
[0:09′] Everyone begins their morning activities, such as bringing the paper, the milk or walking the dog. Julia helps Paul to do some stretching.
4. Bilongo (Guaracha) – Damiron
[0:15′] Paul and Judith are in the kitchen trying to make the perfect bread, while Alice and Avis come to cook the pancreas.
5. Servants’ Chorus* (Voice) – Andre Previn
[0:32′] After trying for a while, Paul and Judith finally find the perfect bread recipe.
6. The Rain In Spain – Rex Harrison & Julie Andrews & Robert Coote
[0:34′] Julia, Paul, and Judith go out for the night to celebrate their success. Julia proposes a toast and encourages Judith to believe in herself.
7. Pop died – Jeff Danna
[0:37′] The phone rings and, sadly, Julia finds out that her father is dead.
8. Gonna Build A Mountain – Sammy Davis Jr.
[0:42′] Ending song / End credits song
Season 1 • Episode 7: ‘Foie Gras’ (S01E07)28 April 2022
1. Julia’s Letter to WGBH – Jeff Dana
2. La Triavata, Act II, Scene 10: “Noi Siamo Zingarelle” (Choir) – Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra & Fujiwara Opera Chorus & Roberto Paternostro
[0:07′] Julia, Avis, and Judith eat at a fancy restaurant.
3. Bongolina – All Stars
[0:11′] Alice sees Bellhop at a local cafe.
4. Lucky Day – Judy Garland
[0:27′] Julia arrives at the gala.
5. I Happen To Like New York – Bobby Short
[0:42′] End credits song
Season 1 • Episode 8: ‘Chocolate Souffle’ (S01E08)5 May 2022
1. Second Fiddle Girl – Barbara Lynn
[0:01′] In the scene before, Paul tried to make Julia feel better, but she is still sad.
2. Without You Baby – The Larks
[0:10′] Julia told Alice she wants to have one last episode and quit. Alice can’t accept Julia’s quitting and hopes she will make up her mind.
3. Mambo Terrifico – Cal Tjader
[0:15′] In the scene before, Julia told Paul she lied to him. He is disappointed and goes to sleep in another room.
4. Hey Now – Red Garland
[0:33′] Alice cooks for her mother. They talk about the man she recently met, Isac.
5. I Can Cook Too – Nancy Walker
[0:44′] End credits
Original release date: 1 April 2022
Label: WaterTower Music
Original music composed by Jeff Danna
1. Julia’s Letter to WGBH
2. Queen of Sheba Cake
3. Julia & Simca Collaborate
4. The Doctor’s Office
5. A Trial Episode
6. The WGBH Waltz
7. Today’s the Day!
8. Coq au Vin-Tango
9. Chicken on Fire
10. Paul & Julia
11. Julia’s New Kitchen
12. Room Service
13. Pop Died
14. Mousse à la Framboise
15. Betty Friedan
16. I’ll Be Your Eyes
17. To Bigger and Better Things Ahead
TV Series Trailer
The Best Is Yet to Come - Frank Sinatra with Count Basie and His Orchestra
Streaming on: HBO MAX
View more music by: Jeff Danna
As an award winning singer from the late ‘60’s and a lifelong music buff; I wish to express to you my highest praise for choosing and directing the most iconic and excellent covers of super songs for each episode thus far in the outstandingly entertaining HBO Max Series 1 of, ‘ Julia’! Keep ‘em coming!